- Raised in East Tennessee
- Loves to be outdoors and spend time with family
- Father to three children (including one set of twins)
- Member of First Baptist Burleson
- LPC since 2011
- Counselor at Promises since 2004
- M.A. in Marriage and Family Counseling, Southwestern Seminary, 2002
- M.A. in Christian Education, Southwestern Seminary, 2002
- Graduate Studies in Child and Family Studies, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 1997-99
- B.S. in Human Ecology, Major–Family Studies, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 1997
- 19 years counseling in public and private secondary schools
- Adjunct faculty member for Hill College
- Lay leader in churches working with children, singles, and adults
- Currently serving as a counselor for Burleson High School in Burleson, Texas
I believe God is at work in the lives of His people. He has been shaping and molding me since I accepted Christ at the age of 8. He made me into a usable vessel so that His glory may be seen in those I work with and minister to on a daily basis. Since following God’s lead in college and seminary, I have had the privilege of working with children, teenagers, college students, and young adults in churches, schools, and counseling centers. It is my desire to continue to serve God through the ministry of discipleship and counseling by encouraging, equipping, and enhancing the lives of those I meet. Guided by the principles found in Scripture, I am convinced that we can learn from any and all circumstances as we align ourselves with God and live victoriously with our Lord Jesus Christ.
David provides individual, teen, couple, and family counseling services to address and help implement change in the areas of relationship issues, to facilitate growth in handling anger, anxiety, depression, and other personal and interpersonal issues. David is also trained to offer pre-marital counseling for couples.