- Married to Garry for 34 years
- Three grown children and two grandchildren
- High school English teacher 12 years
- School Counselor
- Counselor at Promises since 2016
- LPC since 2018
- M.A. in Counseling, B.H. Carroll Theological Institute, 2013
- M.A. in Instructional Leadership, Samford University 2009
- B.S. in Education, Athens, AL 2001
- Served in pastoral ministry alongside my husband for 30 years in four states
- Women’s Ministry director
- Bible study facilitator
- Worship Leader; Children’s Choir Director, Church pianist
I was introduced to Jesus through the loving, consistent influence of my maternal grandparents. They not only took me to church, they also prayed with me and for me. At the age of nine, I asked Jesus in my heart and was baptized in the fountain of the convention center of my city during a Jesus Rally. Despite some difficult childhood experiences, I have always felt and experienced the abiding and ever-present love of Jesus. My desire is to live in humility before my God and authentically before my world by reflecting an emotionally healthy spirituality that is grounded in an intimate relationship with Christ.
Counseling FocusDonna works with couples and women of all ages struggling with depression, anxiety, sexual abuse, grief and loss, stress, marital conflict, infidelity, and addictions. She is trained in Prepare-Enrich which can be used in Premarital Counseling as well as with married couples in a variety of life stages. She uses an integrated client-centered approach working to address the needs and goals that the client(s) brings to the counseling setting.